Wednesday, May 25, 2011

ENGLISH COMPOSITION STUDENTS POST ON BULLETIN BOARD

Hello everyone,
    
     I teach English Composition I at Centro Universitario Regional del Nordeste (Regional University Center in the Northeast), CURNE.  This is a branch of the Universidad Autónoma de Santo Domingo (Autonomous University in Santo Domingo), UASD located to the Northeast of the Dominican Republic. My students and I work on writing and basic research along the whole semester.  They choose a subject at the beginning of the course and start working on it.  In the classroom, along with the theoretical background for composing, we follow the writing process.  We generate ideas, revise, give and receive feedback... In their communities, they gather information through interviews, observation, and so on.  The result is a five-paragraph essay. 

    This semester, I assigned them to find out and write about their lives.  The essays were ready for this end of semester an here are some images of my students and the posting of their works on the bulletin board. I hope you enjoy them. 

Máximo

Brains, hearts, and pens at work

Writing together is always an exciting adventure!

Giving and receiving feedback helps to improve our work.

There we go. What will we find?

They found a colorfull bulleting board that was ready to be filled with their pieces.
TO BE CONTINUED...

1 comment: